Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My daily makeup routine

Ok, I am slight embarressed to post pictures of myself like this on the internet, but I did it!  Here is my makeup routine, if I choose to bother with it! :)

My makeup
For my makeup I use Makeup Forever for foundation, {love it!}.  For concealer, which is a must have for me now-a-days, I use Mary Kay.  This is kinda an accident.  I was at a wedding and I was doing makeup for people and someone left it in my makeup bag.  I didn't know who's it was, so I couldn't return it!  Poor me, I kept it and I use it.  I am not a bad person, I promise!  Shadows I use a blend that I bought in downtown LA at Namies or Friends, I can't remember.  But I got the whole palette for cheap, so if you live in LA or are in the area, I really suggest heading down there for some good quality, inexpensive makeup.  If you're interested.  Liner is just l'Oreal brown.  I don't know I bought it here in France.  Mascara I usually use DiorShow.  Hands down the best mascara on the market.  It costs like 30 bucks I think, but soooo worth it.  Or I think so at least.  But I bought my last one in Italy over Christmas and it isn't the same.  I am wondering if it is Italy or just this one or what, but normally, the best out there.  I also got the other mascara in the picture for free at Yves Rocher because I have a loyalty program type thing with them.  Gotta love free!  And lip gloss is eyeslipsface or e.l.f.  Love that place!  And they always have good promotions.  I once got 10 mineral shadows for free!  And their stuff is super cheap.  Neeways....  here ya go


Just lotion and something for my puffy eyes.  not sure it's working...

Simple shadow, just for the day. {why so serious?!? (In my best joker voice)}

Once again, simple. I don't like too much for the day.  eyes still puffy. I think I need my money back

concealer, so pretty!

foundation. I put it on like this and then just rub it in with my hands

concealer and foundation all rubbed in

Little brown eyeliner

Mascara.

let your hair down!

my boo-boo was crying

precious

me posing, Eli "what the heck, mom?"

I had a little fun in Picassa with this one :)
So there you have it.  Few things about my regime...
1.) I put my eyes on first ~ I don't like it when te shadow falls on my foundation and then I have to try to fix it.  So I just do it first!
2.) It also helps your face to soak up all the lotion before the foundation so it isn't soaking up the foundation too.

Few things I learned about today by doing this
1.) When I schedule my time well, I am happier, and I get more done.
2.) I make priorities and I stick to them, it helps me to get things done.
3.) It is okay to take a few minutes to myself while the kids are awake.  It isn't gonna kill them to play by themselves for a few minutes.
4.) Even though I am doing this for me, it benefits everyone!  Happy wife, happy life! 

I am so thankful I did this, it is giving me a new perspective on why I get ready and it makes me feel better about myself.  baby steps!!  This is a good one!

Oh and link up here to see all the other lovely ladies who showcased their makeup routines!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love seeing how women do their makeup and what products they use! I love Eli's look in the one picture. Priceless!

Anna said...

I love E.L.F. as well. I've been using MAC's primer to help smooth out my skin and a mineral foundation powder over the top. It's the kind of makeup that i've always wished for - easy and good for my skin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...