Monday, May 30, 2011

L.A. Story ~ Santa Monica

***All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard ***
Some of the famous streets heading down there. Sunset, Wilshire, The Getty Center, PCH Highway
 Yesterday I took a little trip down to the Santa Monica Pier.  Honestly, the weather could have been a little better, we almost blew away, but the sun was out and it was full of people! 

We have family from Colorado in town and I thought 'what a perfect way to add to my LA Story!  We'll take them somehwere!'  (always thinking for the blog!) We had originally planned to got o The Grove and visit the firestation where my dad works. But then my dad had to change stations and the kids wouldn't have enjoyed The Grove, not much to do with kids.   So the beach, perfect!
 Luckily, (maybe not for you guys) the weirdos weren't out today.  That is mostly Venice Beach, I can't wait to take you guys there!  Let's just say... interesting.  People are... how do I put this?  creative.  The Santa Monica Pier is a bit more family friendly.  The kids loved playing in the sand next to the pier. 
 Oh and who knew?  There is a trapeze school right there on the pier!  I guess if you are training to be a trapeze artist you need to be able to perform infront of people.  So, smart, I guess.
 My little man clearly enjoying himself.
For Memorial Day someone put all these crosses out in the sand and some coffins covered with an American Flag.  It was a cool way to explain to the little guys why we celebrate this holiday.
And what a better way to end the perfect day, ice cream on the pier.  Yes, please. 

"Here. Tae, let me help you with that."  *lick all around the edges*  "Mom!!  Give me my icecream!!!"

If you get a chance, I would love love love if you voted for me in Circle of Moms Top Expat Blogs.  I don't have a fighting chance, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.  Thanks!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip!! Ah the grumpy face!! Your boys are so cute!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Beautiful!!! Hope ya'll are having a great time. And those pictures, too cute :)

Macey said...

Jealous of the weather! So pretty!
I JUST got an email about that thing they do on the beach with the crosses and I wasn't sure if it was true. You know how they fake stuff in emails all the time. Anyway. So glad to know it's true! That's awesome!

Michelle said...

That sweet face of your little boy is adorable!!!! Poor guy!!!! This trip looked like so much fun!

Isa said...

Waw!
I would love to go there!

Kiss

Grammy Goodwill said...

Voted for you today - missed it yesterday because we were out of town and I forgot my laptop. Interesting about the trapeze classes.

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great trip. Haven't been to Santa Monica in years, but it is fun there! Voted too :)

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing! One place I definitely want to go someday.

Emilee said...

Oh how I miss Santa Monica. When I was younger I would go with my dad to Santa Monica Pier and they had the best bumper cars ever. It cost $1! It sounds like you had a blast. Yes, I even miss the wierdos. Thanks for sharing.

Girls Gone Bloggin' said...

It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Wish I was in CA with my family instead of New Zealand!

Jenny said...

Beautiful photos! I love the one with the crosses in the sand. Makes me a little homesick for Los Angeles!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Natalia for getting the Sheryl Crow song stuck in my head for the rest of the day LOL!!!!!!!! But I love these photos...makes me wish I was there :-) Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I'll let you know once I hear more about my blog button :-)

Anonymous said...

I read all the French blogs and someone else(can't remember who) just blogged about LA and used Cheryl Crow's song too. What a coincidence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...