Friday, February 24, 2012

Oversized Rustic Paper Flower Tutorial

Ok guys, here it is! Just as promised. If you missed my previous post about the baby shower I hosted, go check it out so you can see how amazing these flowers can look as a backdrop! 


So the first step is to go to Trader Joe's a million times and start collecting brown paper bags! (or you could always use butcher paper) You will want to make a couple different sizes of semi circles (see step 4) since the petals should get a little bit smaller towards the middle of the flower.


It is easiest to just knock this step out of the way and make a million petals at once. These petals SHOULD feel very rustic. In fact I had made a huge pile of them and my husband threw them all away because he though they were trash! 

You will be using a lot of hot glue! The great thing is you can manipulate each petal as you glue it in to form the shape you like best. It will all start making sense once the petals are layered on each other. Use the largest petals for the base and then add the smaller sized petals as you layer.


You're almost done! Just time for the finishing touch....

And here a  couple of pictures of how they were displayed. I personally LOVE the rustic brown because it grounds any colors you decide to use for other decorations. 

Go ahead and comment if you have any questions and I will be sure to answer them!.

XOXO- Christie


 Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

24 comments:

Suzanne said...

So cute!! What a great idea. Love. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Just Jaime said...

Awesome! Love how big they are! Thanks for sharing

Stephanie said...

Really cute-thanks for the instructions!

Alyx said...

This is so cool!! Definitely pinning these for the future!

Lesley said...

How darling! Thanks for the super clean instructions!

Macey said...

Whaaaaat?! Those are awesome!

Natalia Lynn said...

Thanks everyone! I am glad it is easy to follow! - Christie

♥ CheChe said...

ABSOLUTELY adoreable!!

Unknown said...

This is SO cute, I will have to bookmark it for future reference!! :-)

Leslie said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to try my own!

Sandy a la Mode said...

this is soo cool! great decoration for a shower!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I will Pinning this for a future date!

Tiffany said...

Super cute!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Brandi said...

Such a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

Michelle Johnnie said...

This is awesome! Love it. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love how big and ruffly it is!

Ann On and On... said...

First time here.... that is such a cute project!

Thanks for the great tutorial.

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

OMG LOVE THIS! I'm pinning so I can keep this in mind when I'm decorating my daughter's room. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

OMG I love, love,love this!! I'm gonna use this!!! I'll have to show you what I have in mind, THANKS for the tutorial & the inspiration!!!!

xoxo
twentyfour7

Natalia Lynn said...

Thanks for all the love! I hope you guys find TONS of ways to use this! Enjoy :)- Christie

CAROL'S COTTAGE PLACE said...

Love these! Something easy and yet so showy! I must bookmark these!

Fork said...

What fun party decor! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

-fork

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! Great tutorial!

http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

They turned out awesome! I'll be featuring on A Little Tipsy on Saturday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...