Monday, September 19, 2011

SJP Big Hair!

I have always been an admirer of Sarah Jessica Parker's hair. It is big and messy and beautiful and I love it. It is freeing not to wear your hair perfectly coiffed. It doesn't have to be perfect, just embrace it and rock it.  So I have been wanting to try her styles for a while and I just thought I would go for it.  Here is what I came up with.

I washed my hair last night and put them into little buns all over my head.  I twisted them so the hair would be back from my face, the same way I would have curled it if I were using an iron.  I think you can use an iron, but that takes longer and I like the idea of no heat in less time.
There is just no reason these pictures should be bigger... You get the idea.
Then this morning I woke up and took them out.  My one-year-old was eyeing my funny as I came into the room with a bun on top of my head, but hey, the price of beauty!
I took it out and it was a big afro!!  Like big, I didn't get a picture, I wish I would have.
So I threw it in a pony to wash up and put my makeup on and when I took it down, it was just big and crazy curls!!
So another no heat curls way to do your hair!!  Another thing I have been doing lately is trying not to wash my hair in less than 3 days.  Unless it is really nasty.  It is healthier and some styles do better on the 2nd and 3rd days.  So I will use my fro-curls for two more days!
What did you do to your hair today?  Something a bit creative?  Snap a picture and link up Friday for my Creative Hair linky party!!

Oh and until I get my act together and clean up my linky party page, I am linking to all the parties here.

17 comments:

Anna @ IHOD said...

Absolutely gorgeous my dear!

Yvette @ AquaSeventy6 said...

Your hair looks rockin'! Love it! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your blog, I am a new follower! xo

Macey said...

Oooh, I love it! I like it better than SJP!!!!

Lesley said...

I love big hair. And yours is the perfect length for this look!

Kelly Krewson said...

This looks amazing! Makes me wish I had long hair!

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! How did I do my hair?... bun... how boring

Jessica said...

Your hair looks so pretty!! I love how natural the curls look.

GingerPeachT said...

Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed by doing all of those buns, and the end result was fabulous!

As far as my hair journey...I tried to french braid my hair, for the very first time. It didn't go too well lol But i really wanna learn how to do some braids!

Unknown said...

It turned out fabulous! Oh how I love big hair ;)

Christina Dely Photography said...

You look amazing! Would you like to take my naturally curly hair & I will take your lovely straight hair? ;)

Samantha said...

Yay! I'll have to try this....I failed with the original no heat curls...it was so embarrassing I'm not even going to share the link...ok, I will, I have no shame :)
http://handmadebymrsh.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-heat-curls-fail.html

Grammy Goodwill said...

Very cute, soft curls.

Tiffany said...

During her Sex & the City days, I absolutely loved SJP's big crazy curls! I always tried to recreate them, but couldn't quite get the look. (That was when my hair was quite a bit longer. lol)

You look gorgeous!! I love the pink shorts and turquoise necklace. Together with the white top, it's such a great summery outfit!

Kimberly said...

looks great, I love big curls! I love your blog, what a great family!

Just Jaime said...

Very cool! How do you tuck the ends in?

abeachcottage said...

No heat curls, lovely idea and yours turned out nicely! Thanks for linking up at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Jordan McCollum said...

Nice! I bet this would work on shorter hair to (albeit not quite as well).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...