Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspiration ~ Fashion

I have recently been very inspired by fashion.  I love being creative with it and seeing how others do the same.  It is fun to think that there is no box, you do what you want and what makes you feel good and then you rock it, girl!

I was able to add a little bit to my wardrobe at the beginning of summer but now nearing the end and coming up on our move, I must.stop.shopping.  I don't want to get in the habit of always wanting more, never being satisfied with what I have.  So that's it.  I am going to take Kendra's 30x30 challenge.  I am taking 30 pieces of my current Wardrobe and remixing them.  I am gonna try to be creative, think outside the box and I am excited about it.  Most importantly, no shopping!!  Little lesson on being content!

Here is what I wore when it was like 100 degrees outside and I watched my beautiful, little niece.  If I ever needed a confirmation I don't want 3 kids, that was it.  Not because she was bad, she wasn't.  Just because I clearly can't handle it.  And that's okay.
Tae snapped some of these for me
This is what I wore to the beach.  This and another outfit I didn't take a picture in.  That is going to be the biggest challenge, taking a picture in each outfit! 

We were trying to teach Tae how to boogie board, he wasn't having it.  I forget sometimes, the kid is 4. 

Now for some lovely fall fashion that I might buy after my 30 days is up.  It's called planning ahead, thank.you.very.much.

Love the tall boots, as you can see. 

And the loose shirt over a tighter tank. So cute.

I particularly love this.  Comfy, cute, stylish.  My kind of outfit.  Love the scarf.

Now for some impractical outfits. But also completely lovely.


Like seriously?  I am racking my brain to find a time and a place appropriate for this skirt.  Gorgeous.

So beautiful.  And maybe not entirely impractical, but with two little boys that have no concept of dirty hands, just not gonna happen.
Source: talbots.com via Natalia on Pinterest

This is not as impractical, super cute.  I am just not that fancy and don't need fancy clothes.  But I should probably have it in my wardrobe, right?  Ya, I thought so.

What inspires you when it comes to fashion?  Celebrities, magazines, 'normal' people, fashion bloggers, all of the above?  What is your style?  And if you have kids, do you still find time to wear a cute, impractical skirt now and then?  {Seriously looking for an excuse!}

15 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! I desperately need some fall boots!

ashley marie wilson said...

i am DYING over that white coat! the black tulle lining? amazing.
i am so ready for fall, i love the layers, scarves and all the colors. its still warm here so soon :) you look pretty in your pictures girlie, Tae is a good little photographer i see. Oh yea! I got your e-mail, i would LOVE to!!! about to write you back now...

xoxo
ashley

Christina Dely Photography said...

Obsessed with the impractical outfits! If you buy that insanely amazing skirt, I will have to devote an entire photoshoot to you ;)

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Oh my: That A.MAZ.ING. impractical perfect skirt! LOVE it!

Macey said...

Love the sweaters. :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

your hair is so pretty!
i love your impractical outfit! the jean top with big fluffy skirt. ahh love
thanks for stopping by!

Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

Leah Beamon said...

I love your hairstyle! I might have to try that...I am always looking for ways to keep my hair out of my face!

Susan said...

I would try to find a place to where that impractical skirt. Like the grocery store even.
Fabulous.

Anna @ IHOD said...

Excited to see what you come up with in the 30 for 30!
You have the most gorgeous hair girl!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

your hair always looks amazing Tal. Seriously, I dont know what you do but it never looks dull or flat. It always has so much body to it. Tips?!?!? :) I have been wearing my hair the same for forever, well except the color which I love dark on me...other than that, Im lost LOL

Mindie Hilton said...

I love all your inspiration pieces. That long skirt and coat are fab, I too have two busy boys not sure if they would work for me. I can't wait to pull out my long boots when it cools downa bit more.
This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

Kristen Thornburg said...

Loving ALL of them!! Love Cameron Diaz's outfit! She is so adorable!
I just found your blog... can't remember where... but I love it, and I'm so happy I did!! Hope you're having a great day!!

Brittany said...

two things:
first of all...your hair looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! I am SO jealous!

Second...the first picture of the girl in jeans and boots...I SO have those boots!! Except a little lighter, and they fit me weird because I have big calf muscles...so I'm actually trying to give them away. haha! BUT I have them! haha!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that coat on the bottom and the two skirts.

I wish I knew how to dress... sigh...

Unknown said...

Ooohhh...thanks for the fall fashion inspriation. I love the outfits you posted, and must get me some tall boots before I head back to Denmark!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...