Monday, October 17, 2011

Full Face Makeup less than $15!

Let's be real.  How hard is it for moms to find the time to do a full face of makeup?  There are so many other things going on, sometimes {a lot of the time} all I get to slap on is mascara.  Because, you know, I don't want to scare anyone.  Not only is it hard to find the time, seriously, it's an expensive habit, buying makeup.  So imagine my complete delight when I found the line e.l.f. cosmetics last summer.  Instant love.  Their products are really great quality as well as really great price.  You can go crazy and it will still be under the price of your normal foundation.
So lately I have been thinking about what kind of tutorials would be fun for the blog.  I happen to have quite a few e.l.f. products already so I thought 'why not a full face using e.l.f.??'  The only item that wasn't e.l.f. was the mascara and it was a drug store brand, L'oreal Volumious.  Fabulous as well. 

Here is how it turned out.  Not sure why I look so mad, sorry.  I really am a nice person.



 I am LOVING the lip color from them.  It's called Posh.  Oh and by the way I am not being compensated in any way for this post.  Dang it.  But hey, e.l.f. call me!

I did a video for you with the products and everything.  I shortened it by just showing me doing one eye.  I don't like watching really long tutorials, so I thought you might not either.  Well, here ya go!

{I did this into the camera on my computer. It's kinda tough because it isn't the same as a mirror. I'm not usually this clumsy doing makeup.}



Products:
Mineral shadow ~ Elegant - $1
Custom eyes lid ~ Pink Ice - $1
Custom eyes crease ~ Moondust - $1
Cream eye liner ~ Coffee - $3
Mascara ~ L'oreal Volumious - $5.84 (e.l.f. has one for $1 or $3)
Tinted moisturizer ~ Nude - $3
Blush ~ Peachy Keen - $3
Lips ~ Sugar Plum (first) - $1
Lips ~ Posh - $1
You can see more videos on my YouTube Channel and I plan to post at least one makeup and one hair tutorial a week.  So any suggestions, send them my way!
 
 
 
 Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

15 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

This is the best tutorial for me. I've never worn much makeup. I really don't know how to apply it. You look great. (and I thought you were a natural beauty. hehehe)

GingerPeachT said...

Lovely my dear!!
I love watching your tutorials. And I just discovered tinted moisturizer from sephora....I love it!!
Oh and great music! :-)

Macey said...

I super love ELF. I got some awesome eye primer for a buck from them and I LOVE it. It's way better than any other primer I've used.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Did you get ELF in Europe, or bring it with you. I tried it long ago, and the products, well, sucked. But it seems like they are so much better now!! Always down for cheap makeup. Then if you don't like, you don't feel guilty!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i really should try e.l.f.! i hear good things about their make-up - and even better, amazed with the cheap cost of their stuff!

p.s. you look lovely!

Little City Farm said...

Fabulous tutorial. You make the eye shadow application look so easy, lol. Love the music also.

Kristen Thornburg said...

Great post!! "rediscovered" your blog from the creatives ;)

Nicole said...

I've noticed ELF sold at Target. It really is a great price. I have a couple of their brushes. Around the holidays they usually have a nice end cap with a lot of products. Great video! Is that eyeliner waterproof? I have to use waterproof or else its smudges so badly. My fav is by Avon.

happy hour 24/7 said...

oh my gosh, one of the besties in l.a. introduced me to them late august this year - the fact that my super sensitive skin did not react to this cosmetic line (mac, nars and even prescriptives gave me some allergic reactions, boooo), i was sold. i'm actually doing a giveaway with e.l.f., nyx and mark products on my blog. i've also done a few reviews of them on youtube, not much. i'll be posting the links on tomorrow's post!
yay for cheaper alternative for cosmetics!

Kasey Lynne said...

That lip color works SO well with your skin! I really like it!

Everybody keeps raving about these e.l.f. products...they're the new thing!

Jess said...

I couple of weeks ago I grabbed the E.L.F. posh lipstick while running through the dollar store, because it was a dollar. I love that color. It's now now of my favorites!

You've encouraged me to try some of their other products. ;)

Jess
Stupid Clothes

Jennifer said...

Hehehe...glad I'm not the only one who gets mascara on herself other than the eyelashes!!
So great girl!! Beautiful!
I've done some watching of makeup tuts and searching for dupes...might be cool to add dupes...like that cheek blush might be a duplicate for a Nars blush...
Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

Marie said...

I love watching makeup tutorials! My mom wasn't the type to teach us how to wear makeup so I just had to figure it out :) Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again on Wednesday!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

fyi..making this a feature this week! :)

Unknown said...

Love the lip color. I have spent the last few weeks trying to find that exact shade.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...