Monday, February 21, 2011

Cleaning out my closet

So part of the reason I am doing this blog is to get back confidence in myself and relearn how to dress for myself'.  Since having my first son, I kinda fell off the wagon.  Since I was/am a stay at home mom, it was hard to feel the need to look cute.  I know this doesn't apply to every mom, but hey, we all got issues.  So anyway, after having my second AND FINAL son I have been thinking.  I need to be cute!!  There is no good reason why I shouldn't.  I owe it to my husband, to have a cute wife.  I owe it to my boys to have a mom that is put together.  And most importantly, I owe it to myself.  So hold on ladies, or gents, or whatever, I am gonna go on a ride.  A fashion ride!

So here is my eensie teensie dilema... My closet, it is eensie teensie.  Like, close your eyes, don't look.  You might break down crying out of sheer pity for me.  Then send me money to get a new one.  Thanks!  But see, since we travel a lot and move every year, we have to have what is available to us.  I have to make due.

I know.  I am in tears just looking at it.  And the worst part, (I know your thinking 'it can get worse?') is that my 'section' is the top left.  Yes, I have a section of this eensie teensie closet.

So herein lies my problem.  Or part of my problem.  I don't have a proper closet, I don't have a ton of clothes, the clothes I have a pretty boring, and we don't have a ton of money to be shopping for new ones!  Bummer!! 

But here is my answer.  I am going to take the 30x30 challenge.  If you don't know about it, check it out.  I am going to pick 30 pieces of clothing {which might be my entire closet} and remix them for a month.  I think this will help my fashion sense, to see what I like, it will help me be creative, it will definitely help me shop smart when it is over because I will know what I need in my wardrobe.  I am super duper excited about this adventure.  It is a long time comin'!!!  Please, join me, I would love to get advice or feedback!

*Can I just add that I am super embarressed to put this picture up.  It was next on my to-do list, clean the closet.  But then I totally sterilized te upstairs.  So Sorry!*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok girl, first of all..where do you live I wish we could be friends in real life..I think we have like..EVERYTHING in common...down to DIET COKE! I have my lil guy and only plan on one more. I am a SAHM (my lil guy is laid back and I have no clue how I do all the blog stuff but I really enjoy it and its my ONLY outlet..so ya) I need help with style and take risks but I am afraid to jump into the style blog world..those girls seem so OUT of my leauge..so your lil blog here is just what I need to push me in the right direction. Anyways, am I really your first follower?? YEa!! I want to do the 30 for 30 too, but I got myself overloaded right now with BLOG LAND commitments..will be watching with anticipation!!

Pearl Girls said...

I will say that taking the 30 for 30 challenge has been so helpful in getting my creative juices flowing! I am now looking at the rest of my closet with completely different eyes! Accessories will save you. They are small\space conscious and you could even make your own for very little cost. I hope this helps some and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

-Elizabeth
Girls Who Wear Pearls

Natalia Lynn said...

I canot wait to start the challenge!! I love all the ideas I am getting from the blog community. It is inspiriing me to be more creative for less! Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...