Thursday, January 19, 2012

Microdermabrasion at Home: Save your Skin and Your Money!

It’s a sad but true fact – the older we get, the more important a skincare routine becomes. Even if you’re not yet worried about fine lines or wrinkles, perhaps you have another skin issue: adult acne, uneven pigmentation, dry or dull skin. Cleansing, moisturizing, and using sunscreen are all important to maintaining a healthy glow, but sometimes it’s nice to step it up a little with something like a microdermabrasion treatment. These exfoliating treatments slough away dry, dull surface skin to reveal baby-soft skin underneath, and until recently, were a coveted (and expensive!) spa or salon treatment. However, recent advances in products have made microdermabrasion at home a reality. So save your skin and your money with some of these at-home microdermabrasion pointers.

You will need to find a great kit, preferably one that comes with an exfoliating wand and a few products to try: a scrub, moisturizer, cleanser, etc.  A great example is the PHF DermaWand, which comes with several products and an instructional DVD to guide you to spa-worthy skills.  If a full-on microdermabrasion kit seems intimidating, you can also try a simple scrub like ISOMERS Reveal N’ Renew Thermal Microdermabrasion Mask, which still yields great results by deep-cleaning your pores and exfoliating dead skin away.  Both of these products and much more are all available online at retailers like ShopNBC, making microdermabrasion at home even more convenient. Whichever route you may choose, it’s important to build up to a microdermabrasion routine, especially for those with sensitive skin.  Try using the products just once to see how your skin reacts, and then gradually build up to a comfortable routine. With microdermabrasion at home, your skin – and your wallet – will thank you. 


Hope this was helpful, I am definitely looking into it!  I don't know if it is the obvious wrinkles around my eyes are the fact that my perfect-skinned husband never ages, either way I want to make sure I am taking the best care of myself!  You can take a look around some at home microdermabrasion kits at the link above.

What do you think, have you ever done microdermabrasion?  Have you tried a kit at home?  I would love to hear your experience!



Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

3 comments:

Macey said...

I need to but I'm skerred!!

marie said...

Just found your blog and I love it. You and your family are absolutely beautiful. Great story.

I have tried professional microdermabrasion and now I just use a scrub. I hope it's working.

TicoTina said...

so funny, I have actually been wondering today if I can find a place to get an inexpensive skin treatment here in Costa Rica. I despise my pores and fine lines and such. blah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...