Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

To be honest with you, I haven't been really thinking about Thanksgiving.

Yes, I am American.  But as you might know, I am living in France.  They don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.  They really don't even know what it is about.  So needless to say, my boy is at school, my husband is at a dental appointment and then later practice and I am home hanging out with my little hurricane. (I am sure you can guess where he gets that name... you should see my house.)

This time last year, I was aching for my family.  It was so hard to read all the Thanksgiving posts on Facebook about yummy food and good times with family.  This year, I am doing a bit better.  There is an away game this weekend, it seems like they always have an away game Thanksgiving weekend!  So we have planned our own version of Thanksgiving, a kinda sorta Thanksgiving.  Sunday we will be decorating the house for Christmas!! Eating fried chicken, corn, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies and some pumpkin bread.  (husband doesn't like pumpkin pie... weird I know.)  We will have four cultures represented at our faux-Thanksgiving, so I guess you can't really call it a Thanksgiving at all!

So today, probably like many others, I thought I would count my blessings.  I have so many I am truly thankful for, I really am feeling the blessings today!

1.) My husband.  He loves me.  He protects me.  He tries to care about what I care about (he's just not that into beauty).  He works so incredibly hard for his family.  He loves his boys.  He is an excellent dad.  He does the hard stuff when he has to because he knows it is best for us.  He makes sacrifices.  And my absolute favorite?  He is always, always, working on being a better man, husband, and father.  What more could I ask for?

2.) My boys.  My beautiful, healthy, crazy, dirty, messy, loud, silly, funny, tall, wonderful boys.  I wouldn't change either one of them a bit, imperfections and all.  God made them so beautiful in their own unique ways.

3.) We have a roof over our heads, food to eat, and people to love.

4.) We have incredible friends and family all over the world!

5.) I have some amazing women back home whom I am blessed to call friends.  They love, care, and think about me even when I am oceans away.

6.)  I know the Lord.  He has blessed me in all these areas and so much more!

7.) Family.  My family and Var's family are truly a perfect fit into our lives.  We are thankful for them in their different ways.

8.) And finally, risking sounding super-cheesy, this blog and the friends I have made through it!  Who knew you could have such close friends you have never met??  It keeps me sane in my crazy life.  Thank you!

I think that sums it up.  I am so blessed beyond words, but I don't want to go on forever.  I honestly hope that you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving full of laughter and love!!

I am sounding super sentimental today, aren't I??  I just LOVE you, man!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving too.. :)
in Indonesia, we don't celebrate thanksgiving. Is really close with christmas. :) can't wait..
Irene Wibowo

sadie said...

That is such a lovely post. Even though you aren't back in America, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No such celebrations here in the UK though, just a normal day for us too!

x

gina said...

I don't like pumpkin pie either =) and I too am thankful for all the people I have met via blogging. Have a great faux thanksgiving day!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

happy thanksgiving! a year ago today I traveled away from france to spain for thanksgiving!! I was missing home too!! Hope you enjoy your family time!

Chrissy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! xxx

Macey said...

Happy Thanksgiving! A day late. :)
And. You should probably be thankful your husband ISN'T into beauty....lol.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful "faux" Thanksgiving post!! One of my favorites!! You are such a sweet hearted person, N!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...