Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest Blogger ~ {Ashley} Design Ideas Notebook!

Okay, everyone, I am almost back into the swing of things besides still being a bit tired.  By the way, where the heck did the post I did yesterday go?  It was there and then it disappeared.  I even have comments on it, but no post.  Totally weird.  Anyone else experiencing blogger problems?  Or is it just me in my jet-lagged haze.
Well thankfully today I have an awesome guest post from my awesome sister-in-law!  I am so thankful for her sending it to me because I am just not quite on top of things yet, I loved this idea.  She is seriously the most organized person I think I have ever met.  She is even organized when she talks!  But she put together this post today for me because I loved her idea and I need to do it!  I hope you enjoy!

Hello there everyone! Natalia asked if I could let you all in on an incredibly fun secret….My Design Ideas Notebook! First you must know that I am (admittedly) a tad bit obsessed with organizing. I love decorating and organizing our (my hubby, me, and our 10 month old daughter, Emma) home. That being the case, this notebook is where I keep all of my most intriguing ideas and inspirations, so I am never without new ideas!

Here’s how it goes down, when I get my Better Homes and Gardens Magazine I often keep three months worth before throwing them out because generally each season lasts about that long (winter, spring, summer, fall) so it is fun to have them displayed while still in season. Then sometime within those three months I make sure to go through each magazine and pull out the pages with ideas, recipes, entertainment tips, etc. that I want to use. These are then placed in plastic page protectors in my Design Ideas Notebook and the rest of the magazine can be thrown away without losing the ideas/pictures you wanted to save.
 
My husband took the picture posted here a couple years ago while laughing at how much fun I have working on my design notebook, I love it! It’s like a special treat for me to have time to just look through it and add to it!

I have four different sections in my notebook: Organizing, Decorating, Cooking, and Entertaining. The different sections just keep it easier to navigate through the ideas when I want refer back to one and use it.

Well...there you have it, just a simple three ring binder quickly turns into a fun-filled treasury of ideas! I mean basically it would be crazy not to have one right?!

For more fun ideas on organizing & decorating feel free to check out my blog at www.simplejoysofhome.wordpress.com. Hope you all have a fabulous day!



2 comments:

♥ Miss Tea said...

hi Natalia, yes i experienced it as well, but thankfully the last post re appear, they're doing maintenance,last i check in blogger status, they're still working on restoring data so hopefully yours will re appear again. your sister in law is sooo creative and organized! that is a great tips to keep things organized from magazines, i know i keep piling up mags coz i might need it and try to look thru pile of pile of them so this is a great organizing idea! thanks for sharing! and what a cute photo! xSusan

Anonymous said...

Yes blogger has been down. I lost all comments made a few days ago. Hope you recover soon from travels

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...