Saturday, April 2, 2011

Guest Blogger ~ Jennifer at Vintage Gwen!

Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!  This weekend I am in Paris, so I have Jennifer at Vintage Gwen guesting for me.  Thanks Jenn!  Take it away....

Bonjour!!
I can't believe I've made it to France!!  Cyberspace counts right?
I'm so excited and honored to be Natalia's guest today!  I've enjoyed her creative and unique blog as I know you have.  She's asked me to share what I wanted and I thought a nice little spring project would be just right! 
I've been wanting to put something on my front door to welcome Spring.  I have a wreath but it's about 3 years old and a little tattered...thanks Oklahoma wind! 
I had this just hanging on my son's closet door.....
This is a pretty shade of blue but I'm quite fond of PINK.
So I gathered some materials:
Container
Flowers
Paint-Ballet Slippers
Fabric for Bunting....joining the bandwagon!
Jute
The trusty Hot Glue gun!

I started with the container first, knowing it would take several coats of paint as I did not use primer. So in between painting I made the bunting.....

Start with a small square piece of paper.


I folded it in half and then drew a line from one corner to the opposite corner. Do this on both sides.



This is what it looks like unfolded.


Then I folded back the sides or you could cut them off to get a triangle.

Traced on the wrong side of my fabrics. And cut.


I measured a little bit extra at the top so I could have a flap to fold over the jute.



Then just eyeballed a length of jute and started attaching the triangles.  5 triangles were going to be too many so I did 3.   *Tip: in decorating, an odd number of objects is more appealing then an even number.*

By gluing the flap it allowed for the triangles to be able to slide on the jute that way adjustments can be made.

Filled container with the flowers and tied on the bunting.  I wanted it to be off centered a little so I tied one end to the top of one of the rings.........

....and the other end to the bottom of one of the rings.

And wallah!!!  This was about a $10 project!!




Well now if only the weather would match my front door!!
What objects that you already own can you transform?
We'd love to see!

Thanks again Natalia!! This was fun!

She is so super creative!  Go check out her blog for tons of more crafty, DIY projects you will love.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Very sweet decorating idea! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

I love that! What a great way to decorate your door.

Jennifer said...

Thanks again for giving me this opportunity!! Can't wait to hear all about Paris!

craftydiva said...

That is too cute! I love the pennants, I just made some for my crafty corner.

craftycrafteen.blogspot.com

Nav said...

I love the fabric traingle design. its so cute! using whats around the house and make something beautiful out of it. Thats art! Thanks for sharing!xo

P.S. How you doing Natalia? How are the kids?

Unknown said...

this is absolutely perfect! i love it!

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

Tre bon!
I work at a french immersion school - hopefully that makes sense, because I don't speak French.
That is a sweet project.

erica said...

Ohh my how cute is this!!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...