Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feather Earring Tutorial

Hey everyone! 

I have been seeing a lot of feather earrings or feathers places and I thought 'hey, I want to do that!'  And it turns out, I can do that!  So ran to my local Auchan (like a WalMart but not cheap, nothing here is cheap) and got some supplies I needed.  Okay, so all I bought were the feathers and wire.  I think it would have been pretty to get mulit-colored feathers or something else, but these are what they had and I didn't have the patience to go anywhere else.  So here is what you need:

  1. Feathers
  2. Earring hooks
  3. wire
  4. Connecting circles (don't know the real name, sorry!)
  5. Optional - I used the pearls from my other broken necklace for a middle. You could probably do without though. 
So I hope that explains it well.  You are basically tying the feathers together and making the hoop for attachment at the same time.  Once that is done, attach everything.  I love this next picture. Pretty self explainitory, right?
Feather + Pearl + hook = Earring!  Voila!

Yes, my eyes are red. No I don't do drugs. I have kids. Boys, at that.
Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have of my wearing them so far.  They are also in my makeup tutorial here.  I thought we I was being funny by trying to make the same face as he was.  {Not successful}

So, what do you think?  Now I have one pair of earrings and three full bags of feathers left.  What to do with the feathers?  Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Macey said...

CUUUTE!! They look awesome. And your babe is adorable.
Make more earrings and start an Etsy shop. :)

Nav said...

OMG! This is exactly what i have been looking for.....great job! they look amazing on you!

Hey! I was so happy to see your 30X30 outfits up :)

Jayna Rae said...

Very cute! Feathers are so fun to work with.

Liberty said...

I agree with MiMi!! You should also make a matching bracelet or necklace.... That would be quite stunning!!!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

the circle things are called jump rings :)

PS i was amused by the picture!! haha

Jennifer said...

Love them!! And love you're recycling!!
Aw...what a Hunkie you have! Fun pic!
Can't wait till Saturday!!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Your feather earrings are so cute! Add to that your cute son. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by & linking your great tutorial. Three Item Thursday Link Party is for creations made from 3 specific items for that week. However, my Sunday blog bash K.I.S.S. is for linking up all great ideas! Hope this isn't too confusing, in the end I am just happy you dropped by and shared your creativity. :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...