Well my baby boy turned 4 on Wednesday (okay, not so baby) and we had a basketball ball themed party. Each year he is very specific about what kind of party he wants and he decided early, it was basketball.
I had my parents bring a box cake from the states because they are hands down the best. Obvisouly a basketball cake. Last year he had dinosaurs and I was 8 month prego and too lazy to make the cake. The year before was this one. So I was happy it was an easy little basketball cake, although I could have done better.
|'ans' in French is years, if you were wondering|
|Can you tell our cool basketball court table cloth? Love it!|
We just took paper from my son's Ikea drawing board and laid it across the table and used different shapes and sizes to create the court. Another idea if you have room is placemats for each kid. That way they can color on them and take them home.
|Face painting, thanks to grammy.|
Face painting for the kids
|Pin the basket in the hoop game|
Try to get the ball in the hoop
|Basketball banner, orange baloons, and a basketball hoop to complete the look.|
|Love you dude!|
- Have a hoop in your living room (most people do that, right?) or be near an outside court to shoot and play around
- Print out a picture of each kid so they can autograph it and take it home with them, supastar!
- For the end of the party while everyone is winding down, have printed coloring pages of the appropriate theme.
- Pin the (paper)basket in the hoop (as pictured)
- Any kind of basketball games, who can dribble the longest, freethrow contest, shooting contest
- Have 'jerseys' made for the kids as they walk in with a number so each friend is a player. You can even go so far as to put their last name. (by jersey I mean something cheap that goes over their heads)
- Have a professional player stop by. Oh wait, we have that every day! :) lol, I'm a dork, sorry.