Friday, February 25, 2011

Date Night

Last night I got to go on a date with my husband.  I was exciting on many levels.  One, it had been too long since our kids were sick.  Two, I wanted to have a good reason to wear a cute outfit (not just walking to the post office).  Three, I wanted to have a reason to try to do something different with my hair.  So here is what I came up with. 


My husband is cute, I promise, he just loves to make weird faces in my pictures!



A picture of my eye makeup
 I love playing around with hair, although I often don't have a lot of time.  Well I made it a point yesterday to do something different with my hair.  I had seen this on the Amazing Race (Like, my favorite show ever!) one of the girls had the front up like this and I wanted to try it. 

Excuse the face, I didn't want to smile and I didn't want to try to look sexy, so I made a face. Just dorky!
 For the hair, I just teased it right in front and pinned the Snooki-poof back.  Then the side I took just in the front and twisted them up and pinned them with the poof.  I liked it because I hate my ears, and it didn't show how bad they usually stick out!  I think this pic is after my son was grabbing something and messed with the poof a little bit. But oh well, I am sure you could do better!
Here is my outfit.  Please ignore the weird pose and picture.  My husband was hungry and not interested in taking a long time taking pics.  I didn't even get the jacket and scarf off.  Oh well.  I am wearing Target leggings, Payless shoes, european dress I got for 40% off! belt that came with another shirt, and the scarf was a gift from my mom.  The jacket is also european, like 40 euros I think.

We walked down little streets like this to get to the restaurant.  I love little French streets, they are so pretty and old.  We don't really have anything like it in America.  It was a little rainy, but thankfully, not too cold. 
And I ate this.  It was a buffet, gotta have buffet with the husband, and it was good.  I are almost everything on the plate plus dessert of course.  mmmm  I want to do it again tonight!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! Who watches your kids? that is our biggest problem,:(. It looks so amazing there, the streets and the food! How fun!!

Natalia Lynn said...

We actually have a teammate of Lavar's who will come and hang out while the boys are sleeping and he will do it for free! I just make him a batch of cookies each time and he is good to go! But usually, it is super hard to find someone. Do you guys have a church or something? Maybe that is a good place to look?

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog!
And you are very pretty :)

xoxo

http://mirelamededovic.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...