Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Colored Tights ~ Purple vs Red

I don't know about you all, but I have been loving the colored tights trend that is going on right now.  I want a pair in every color.  Ilene at Much Love, Illy rocks them pretty frequently and I love it!

So I thought it would be fun to showcase two different colors.  I am rocking the purple (my favorite color) and a few pics down you can see my friend Christie rocking some red.    

My mom and I did some shopping in the city and I just had to wear my new shoes.  They are from Target and I love them.  They are really high, so I must be about 6'5" when I wear them, but I don't care!  As long as I don't trip, I'm good! {and with the cobblestone streets that run through the city, that is quite a feat!}
So I already stand out by being 6 feet tall in a short Frenchie world, then I add some purple tights and take it up a notch.  Then I stop in the middle of the city and start taking outfit pictures!  The Frenchies were probably a little freaked out like "why is this amazon woman taking pictures of herself in the middle of the city wearing purple tights!  Except those tights are super awesome!"  Yeah, I know, they were jealous.
Blazer: KMart  //  Shirt: Gap  //  Skirt: Charlotte Russe  //  Shoes & Tights: Target  //  Jacket: Bershka  //  Necklace: Boutique - it's super special

Now I want you to meet my friend Christie.  Everyone wave **Hiiiii, Christie!**  I have known Christie since elementary school.  We grew up going to the same church, the same school, in fact she was in my older brother's class and we all secretly hoped they would end up together. Except me, I wasn't too fond of Christie.  {don't worry, she's aware}  But you know, I was young and as it turns out Christie was a lot like me, outgoing, confident, and strong personality and I might have been a little threatened by that...

Either way, we grew up (I matured just a little) and we are now great friends.  Christie has an excellent sense of style which is why I wanted her to share her take on colored tights with you!  And when she told me she had red tights, I was both smitten and jealous all at the same time.  Take it away Christie!

I love to feel girly. I love anything that is different from main stream (even though I love the main stream too!) And I love outfits that feel a little vintage. This outfit encompasses all of that! 

Dress- BCBG MAX AZRIA bought at TJ Maxx for a steal! //  Sweater- Anthropologie // Tights- Vera Wang by Kohls  //  Shoes- Naturalizer

I hope you enjoyed our take on colored tights!  Have you embraced the trend?  If so, which color is your go to color and how do you rock them?

And feel free to be honest and say something like "I wouldn't be caught dead in those bright purple things you have on!"  Well, okay, be honest and nice at the same time.  I have yet to get my first hate comment, but I do love a good conversation!

And if you didn't see it, you could win a French scarf over at Ma Nouvelle Mode's Facebook page! Ends today... so go check it out!

Have a great day!



Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

10 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

eeeek!!! love this post so much - and you know why!! color tights are the bomb-diggity. both of you look fantastic!!!

Etcetorize said...

You girls are so brave! I'm not sure I can rock coloured tights but they look awesome on both of you~

Anonymous said...

I seriously LOVE colored tights. I wear them as often as I can (which, lately in hot Florida, hasn't been too often). It seems I'm pretty much always the only one in the colored tights, but I don't care, haha. Right now I have purple plaid ones (yeow!) and solid turquoise ones. You look seriously AMAZING in these photos! Love your style. (And Christie, I love how you've paired the bold tights with such a pale, soft feminine outfit.)

GingerPeachT said...

I need to buy some at target! Love the purple more than red.
I only have two colored pairs of tights and then some colored leggings. I love yiur shoes too. That's so awesome you are confident to be taller! I don't like to wear heels because I'm 5'9.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOVe the purple tights and the shoes are FAB! Good for you to even be able to walk in them!!

Macey said...

I like em both! You better get some in every color!

Kelly Krewson said...

I have a pair of purple tights! I have a sliver-ish color longer sweater I plan to pair them with along with my knee high black boots! {My wardrobe has improved... my hair really needs to follow!}

Mindie Hilton said...

Love the tights, I have some purple ones, but they are not that bright, I think I need a fun pair.
I just sent you an email. I have been wanting to set up a few giveaways around blog land, and was wondering if you would be interested in hosting one here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chloe Innvaer said...

I bought the purple tights from Target as well! I am loving this trend! Next on my list is red! I think it is just super cute and fun!

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

Love all the colored tights! I'm visiting from What I Wore Wednesday and would love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...