Friday, December 23, 2011

Easy Cookie Recipe - Kelley from The Grant Life

I have been talking a little bit recently about a sense of community and friendships that are made in the blogging community.  This is my favorite part of blogging.  Today I have one of my dear blogging friends sharing a delicious cookie recipe.  And guess what.  It's easy!  Need to throw something yummy together for your Christmas dinner?  Here ya go.  You're welcome.


Hi Ma Nouvelle Mode readers!  My name is Kelley and I blog over at The Grant Life.  Over at my place you ll find all kinds of crafty, foodie, thrifty goodness!  Stop on by if you get a chance.  ;) I'm so excited to be here today.. I absolutely love Natalia's site!  I'm going to share one of my favorite Christmas recipes with y'all!  


I like food.. a lot.  Especially sugary, sweet, ooey gooey food.  I think if it were possible, I would live on nothing but sweets.  (so sad that I cant!)  In my sugary fantasy world I would make these magic cookie bars at least once a week.  That's how much I love them.  

These bars are simple to make and are great to take to a party or get together.  I made mine Sunday morning for our church fellowship gathering that afternoon.  I made them while I was making pancakes for the family.  And doing laundry.  And we made it to church.. on time.  That's how easy they are to make.  

Ingredients: 
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
chocolate chips
walnuts
coconut 


Preheat your oven to 350.
Melt your butter and add your graham cracker crumbs.  Mix until all the butter is absorbed. 

Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.  A spoon works really well for this.  

Cove the crust with the sweetened condensed milk.

Sigh. I love this part.. I think its were the magic starts to happen.  


Cover the sweetened condensed milk with your chocolate chips and walnuts.  Top that with your coconut.  You can add more or less of each according to your preference.

I add a ton of chocolate chips.  Some people add butterscotch chips too.  


Bake for 30 minutes (at 350) until the coconut is golden brown.

Yummm.. toasted coconut!  


Once cooled, cut into bars and serve.

Below is how your bars should look when done.  I didn't cut mine before we headed to church because they weren't completely cooled.  
Source
And that's it!  One easy, sugary, delicious Christmas treat.  

Thank you Natalia for letting me share my Christmas recipe with you and your awesome readers!  Make sure y'all stop by my place and check out my 10 Homemade Christmas gifts under $10 series.  I have some amazing guests and even better gifts.  Hope to see y'all there!  


There you have it!  I am turning comments off so you can go visit Kelley!  Make sure you spread some Christmas cheer and show her some love!!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!


Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...