Saturday, November 5, 2011

7 Pieces, & Outfits ~ Intro & Day 1

We all struggle with some things.  Although I have quite a few, one of my, we'll call it imperfections, is that I have a hard time finishing what I start.  You might have noticed this since I have started 30x30 two different times.  I think day 13 might have been the furthest I have got.  But I still like challenges, more specifically with fashion and hair, so I wanted to find something that would fit my particular 'issue.'  So let's scale down the 30 items to 7 and give it a week to wear them.  What do ya think?  It's actually harder than it looks.  You should have seen me (and my husband) trying to pick the pieces. 

Here's what we came up with:




And here is my first outfit:
Once again, I am a little disappointed on the lack of bootie here.  I think the long shirt makes me look like I don't have one.  Or maybe I just don't.  So depressing.
I am happy with the way this outfit turned out.  It is cute and sophisticated yet not too fancy.  

And here's my hair.  This is no heat curls with some curling iron curls thrown in on the top.  Then I twisted it to the side and pinned it.

I hope you like it!  I am loving blogging about fashion and beauty, etc. but it can be an expensive hobby!  That is why I like to do challenges like this one, to continue to shop my closet and save us money!  Christmas is coming, however, and I have asked for my present in cash to have a little shopping spree.  Husband doesn't have to shop, I get to choose my gifts.  Sounds like a win-win to me!

Happy Saturday!
Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

9 comments:

GingerPeachT said...

Stop being so gorgeous!! You are making all of us look bad. ;-)

Looks like fun!!

Unknown said...

turquoise LOVES you girl!

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Love this look! and what a great idea :) Looking forward to seeing the other 6 outfits :)

Love, Vanilla

Macey said...

I LOVE the colors!
You can have some of my bootie...? :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love this color on you. I can't wait to see your other outfits. Honey, I sure wish I could give you some of my booty. ugh.

Mrs MacKenzie said...

OMG I love that last picture of you peeking at the camera. You look so pretty.

And stop worrying about your butt. Most women would die to have a body like yours. Tall, lean, and curves?! Stop complaining. lol.

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Great outfit and love the hair too!

Jess said...

That vest is adorable with the blue wrap underneath! I would have never thought to wear it that way.

Sandy a la Mode said...

i love this type of challenge, but am always too afraid to take it on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...