Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Red Lips - Oh la la

Blank slate

Liner and 1 set of fake lashes...


Done with the lips!
 Voila!  Here's the breakdown:

TOOLS:
-toothbrush or disposable mascara wand
-lip balm
-nude lip liner
-red lipstick
-eye shadow blending brush
-translucent loose powder
-lip brush
INSTRUCTIONS
1) Using a toothbrush or disposable mascara wand and lip balm,
remove any dead skin by gently scrubbing in circular motions.
2) Outline the perimeter with a nude liner to prevent feathering.
3) Apply red lipstick directly from the tube.
4) Using an eyeshadow blending brush and translucent loose powder, powder
your lips to really set the color.
5) Apply a second coat with a lip brush to smooth edges and perfect lines.

My outfit. Excuse the awkward pose. I was not cut out to be a model.

Pucker up baby!
Then it was party time!  I got a night out with the girls, and it was fun!  I said to my mom that I was going to go dancing. 
"With who?" She said with a concerned look on her face. 
"My girlfriends, of course!!  No boys allowed, mom, don't worry!" 
We must have really loved this song!  LOL.
What a great night.  I love dancing.  Give me some good music and a dance floor and I'm at it!  Or just good music.  It was a much needed fun night out with my girlfriends.  

So what do you think about the red lips?  Would you rock it?  I think I want a different shade, like a little darker, not so bright.  I am not on a mission to find the perfect shade of red lipstick.  Suggestions?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love red lips but i dont rock it NEARLY as well as you do!!!!

MeLi said...

Hi Natalia!; love the color!; I try to do lipstick of any shade every now and then...for me it is something that isn't commong practice (my lips get insanely dry no matter how much I scrub, moisturize, repeat...) Also, do you happen to get this odd white line like a buildup of something right where your lips meet after wearing lipstick for a while??...these lil issues really bother me and keep me from wearing lipstick more often.

You're looking fab as always!
XoX, Meli
http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I agree with Megan...you definitely rock the red lips...me not so much. Love it, you looked beautiful and seemed like lots of fun!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

You are rocking that look! Love it!

Anonymous said...

You wear red well....Me, not so much. Looks like you had a great time!!
Saw this post in twitter ;)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Forget the lips. I love that skirt and how good you look in it. As a matter of fact, I wanted to write a rhyme like forget the lips and go with the hips because you look fantastic.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I'm so glad you stopped by! I love the red lips! They look stunning on you...and the skirt...I LOVE!

Cant wait to see more of your posts!

Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

Holly said...

Your red lips look FAB with your outfit--they really make it pop.

Thanks for the red lipstick tips--I recently bought 2 new MAC lipsticks (Russian Red & Diva) and am still not sure I can rock the red like you do. I sure like the look on others though.

BluBabesCreate said...

Love the red lips. Happy Bastille Day. Come see some rosettes and a Shabby Apple inspired dress.

Ana said...

You look fierce, girl! I don't think I'm brave enough for red lips though... But you rock'em!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...