Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Wore/Would like to Wear

Wow, what a rough day! My little man is sick, poor little booger. Literally, he is like a huge snot ball right now.  He is having the hardest time sleeping, which in turn means that I am having the hardest time sleeping.  I feel bad for the little guy.  Get better!!







So this blog originally started as a way to chronicle my journey to finding my personal sense of style while being a mom of two boys.  I want to be a cute mom and want to be cute for my husband.  It has since evolved into so much more, but I am here for a bit of an update, since I know you all were worried about me! :)

I feel great!  I am a super competitive person.  Like I have a hard time playing games with my husband because I can't handle if I loose.  And husband talks a lot of trash, so that doesn't help.  How does that relate to style?  Enter my weird little mind.  I might get dressed and think 'I look cute' then I leave the house and see my cousin or some other cute girl and I think 'oh my gosh, I am so not cute! She is so much cuter than me!'

So lately, I have been working on being okay with who I am.  Not with who I want to be or who I want people to think I am.  I want to be okay with where I am at that moment.  Which changes quite a bit, as you all know. 
I don't have to compare.  I don't have to constantly be comparing myself to other cute girls.  I can just feel cute and that is okay.  My husband, who is a bit more stylish than me, tells me to just wear what I like and stop trying to please everyone else.  If I think it is cute, then it is cute!!
So the next step is taking pictures when I get dressed!  I was so proud that I wore some of my cute dresses and did my hair for church, and didn't take a picture.  Bummer.  So these three are the only three I had.  Next week I am hoping to do better.  And husband gets home Monday, whooo hooo!  Momma needs backup!

Oh and did you like the scarf?  You still have the rest of the night to enter the {French themed} giveaway here!

Relax - it's Summer!

And I can't really shop right now, and three outfit pictures is kinda lame, so I added some outfits via Polyvore.  Can you tell my mood right now?  Chillin', comfy, relaxing.  I want a maxi skirt, like, yesterday.  What do you think?  What items are a must for you this summer? 

And lastly, I promise, The Circle of Moms voting ends June 6th.  You all are so stinking awesome that I am in the top 25 and I am so thankful!!  But I thought it was something that just happened every couple weeks or so, it doesn't.  It is just once a year!!!  So it would be super duper awesome to be in the top 20 or better  for me!  And it is totally doable, I can't believe I made it this far!  So if you could click the button and then click the thumbs up, that would be AWESOME!!  (It takes like 5 seconds!)







12 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Isn't that a good feeling, that peace with yourself?!? Will be looking forward to your fashion photos!

Unknown said...

Great advice! I often feel like I have a cute outfit on, then go out and think wow, I was way off! This has only happened to me in Europe. I definitely need to go shopping for a few new spring items, and I also definitely need to take your advice, and be at peace with who/what I am.

Grammy Goodwill said...

First I hope your little one feels lots better today. Then, those are wise words you have written. I really like the dress you're wearing. AND I'm glad your husband will be home soon.

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

I get this feeling sometimes too! I am a curvy girl and feel like I have to try extra hard to look cute... my guy is really great though he always compliments me and makes me feel pretty :)

Love, Vanilla

http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think you're awesome. And I'm glad you're starting to realize how awesome you are and how awesome you look :-)

Chrissy Farnan Hoot Designs said...

I agree, you must be YOU, and like yourself just the way you are!

XOXO

No Model Lady said...

I love the scarf and yes, I know what you mean. There's nothing worse than feeling chic and then seeing someone who makes you doubt yourself. But, I operate under the thinking of "life's too short"! If I had to wonder what everyone else was wearing I could never get dressed! Better to be in love with yourself:)

♥ Miss Tea said...

awwwww sorry to hear abt your little guy, i hope he gets better soon!! you're super duper cuteeeeee natalia!!! love your outfits and the scarf, i fear i have to be cliche again and say I can relate to you about being cute! i have prob since years ago in trying to lose weight, i once succeeded but truthfully i hate my boobs, too big and some people think i'm blessed, nope, i want to be cute! not a bimbo! i want to be able to wear something like other cute people but i constantly have to cover the boobs or ever supressed them so they wont look too big! but like your hubby, mine constantly say that i shouldnt compare myself with others and just wear something i like and be happy with myself! i know it's easier said than done but i'm trying!! xx Susan

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

good mindset girl!! I think your looking good! Glad your hubby is coming home :D

Macey said...

Good for you! The cutest person is the one who is confident in themselves! :)

Nicole said...

You have great style! And your husband is kinda right..(sorry) wear what you like...that's your style. Yay! for him coming home soon! I know you are so happy :)

Unknown said...

you look so lovely!

come check out my Wildfox tee give-away on my blog :)

xo galmeetsglam.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...