Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Tip to Keep Things Spicy...

Happy Wednesday!
 
So I know these pictures don't look like they have anything to do with the title of this post.  And they don't.  They are just of an outfit I wore to the baby shower I created these beauties for.  You'll have to read on to get my marriage tip, 'how to keep it spiiiicy.'
 
I was happy with this outfit because it was out of my comfort zone.  Flowy skirt with a long sweater. And the skinny belt with the cool little knot in front!  I was proud of myself.  And a friend from high school was there, who I consider very beautiful and fashionable, and she loved it! She even asked me how I tied my knot.  I felt so cool!
And as you all know, my husband came in Monday night from being gone for four weeks.  It stinks that he is gone so long, but that is part of our life right now.  Soooo, to make sure that we are 'keepin; it real'  I made sure to give him a little surprise.  You know, let him know I'm glad he's back.
I showed up at the airport with 5 inch heels, a huge trenchcoat cinched with a belt (totally cute, by the way), wearing nothing but simple little lingerie underneath.
 
And after a long flight and a long time away from wifey, he likes to know I care enough to make it special for him, even though we have kids.  I am pretty sure that wifey of the year goes to me, considering I got 'is this hooker really standing here in the airport?' stares while I waited.  (totally kidding, I wasn't unmodest at all, I was just 6'5" in those heels!)
 
Have any of you ladies done something a little crazy like me to make your husband feel special?  No hate mail, please!  I would post a picture to prove how not-risque it was, but I didn't take one, like usual...
 
Hope you all have a beautiful Wednesday.  We are loving us some family time, the boys are so happy to have daddy home. 

24 comments:

Debby said...

Love it :) I would soo do that. I believe in keeping things "spicy" especially after 4 weeks apart. Random surprises FOR HIM ONLY always work... and usually are lots of fun.

Debby
Redecoratingonawhim.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are an *awesome* wifey! I don't know that I could go through with that. Knowing me, I'd be too hot in the trench, but know that I couldn't take it off so I'd just be all sweaty, which isn't sexy at all.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

ow ow! You go girl. I'll already told fiancé that after we're married he needs to ALWAYS text me if he is bringing anyone home with him after work in case I had already planned a surprise for him after he gets home. lol!!!

Macey said...

Holy crap! You really DID do something spicy!! I couldn't do that because I'm pretty sure that would be the time there was a trench coat snatcher out there waiting to steal it and then I'd be nekkid. Except for undies. LOL

Jennifer said...

Indeed the Wife of Year award goes to you!! Love it! ;) So glad to hear the boys are enjoying their daddy!

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah! The outfit is awesome!! It doesn't look out of the norm at all!

Anonymous said...

hellllllo hotness!!!!!! you look beautiful!!! i bet your hubby can't keep his hands off of you!

roseylittlethings said...

love the outfit and love that you were brave enough to do that!

Abby said...

I think that is such a cute idea!

Nicole said...

Wowza! I bet he was REALLY happy to see you! Love your outfit too!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

that is awesom!!! i love it!! i have always told myself, if i ever have to pick tony up from the airport i plan on doing the same thing. i love it!!! i am sure lavar was super excited to get home lol ;)

Suzzie Vehrs said...

Nice. I would be so nervous something would go wrong. You are def the best wife!

Anna said...

What a cute little lamp bridge!

Flor said...

Yes, you most definitely get Wife of the Year award! lol :)
My husband would just go into shock if I did that. I applaud your courage and willingness to keep things spicy!
And your outfit.. I loved it all. Especially the cute skinny belt over the sweater :)

Unknown said...

Your outfit was cute. I love the belt and shoes. Your idea to surprise your hubby was definitely spicy...way to go!

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

Oh my gosh! Go you! That takes a lot of guts. I don't know if I could do it. =D

Grammy Goodwill said...

hahaha - I love it! Good for you. I'm laughing about your "hooker in the airport" comment. The closest I've ever come is having hubby come home to items of clothing that led to me waiting in the jacuzzi. (That was pretty racey for me, let me tell ya)

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

so super cute! I love those shoes!

Meet Virginia

Jessica Manuel said...

HAHA! You know I've got love for what you do!

momstheword said...

I can't imagine why anyone would object, you're a married woman! I've had my moments but have to be careful as my elderly mom lives with us, not to mention we have two older kids. Don't want to give mama a heart attack or put the boys into therapy.......

JK said...

That is fabulous that you greeted your husband that way!!

Anonymous said...

i love it! i don't think that's risque, but rather sassy and like you said, spicy ... like hot sauce! :)

Sharde said...

girl yes. all the time. my man deserves lots of surprises. we keep things ever so spicy. he was workin away from me for FOUR months up until today!!! and now we will never ever eeeeeever lack spice. :)

i was just thinking about this and how happy am i to come across this post lol..

and this outfit is adorable! love the belt too!

The Style Projects

CaveGurl said...

Glad to hear you were brave enough to do that! Awesome way to keep it spicy!
Recently my hubby was outta town for a couple of weeks and when I picked him up at the airport I was wearing one of his favorite short dresses with heels, painted toenails and all. He loved it! I was so glad I took the extra time for him and could make him feel special!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...