Thursday, March 17, 2011

Switzerland

Switzerland!  I love it.  It is such a beautiful place.  I think France is beautiful too,  but Switzerland is lovely.  This trip was my second time there and it was just as fun as the first!

If you are ever out this way, you must visit.  Definitely a must see.  Serious bummer they don't use euros, but we'll let that one go for now.  Here are some pictures

Coming into Geneva. They have signs like this for each city

Fondue with authentic Swiss cheese made by a professional chef in his house

City of Neuchatel, where we stayed
 This world clock in Bern, Switzerland is supposed to be much more than a clock.  It has all the signs (aquarius, leo, etc) and alligns with the planets.  We didn't actually see it move, but we'll just go with it.
The world clock in Bern.

Swiss watches.  Suuuuper expensive

Lunch in a plazza with my little man

Beautiful painting on the buildings
 Funny little story.  My aunt, who is now a French teacher (convenient for me!) left the states to work in France for a summer through a program. When she arrived in France with 7 dollars and a rail pass to her name, they told her they didn't have a position open for her.  A nice family took her in for the night and the agency found her another job in Switzerland.  She ended up living and working the entire summer in a little Swiss town called Twainn and made more money than she ever would have in the south of France.  The family she stayed with became life-long friends. A lot of my family, brother, cousins, aunts, mother, father, and friends, have passed through there house and it is so much fun to know them.  The restaurant below is where my aunt worked for the summer 40 something years ago.
A restaurant my aunt worked at when she was 20 years old, in college and learning French

a little castle/cafe right outside our friends house where we stayed.

In France on the drive home.  Breath taking views!
Well, those are some pics!  Hope you enjoyed reliving a bit of the journey with me!  I have a ton more pictures, but I didn't want to bore you.  :)  As much as I loved Switzerland, my dream destination is Greece.  I gotta make it there someday.  What about you guys?  Where is your dream destination if money and time was not an issue?  Well, in that case, maybe the world??

I linked up here:

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahhh LOVEEEE IT!!! Thanks so much for linking up with me! I'd love to go to Switzerland! It's on my bucket list!!!! Your pictures are amazing!!!!! The fondue looks amazing! I love the Swiss watches! Your son is a cutie! The painting on the building is gorgeous! I want to go now! Thanks again for linking up! XOXO

Michelle said...

I love Switzerland! I traveled there in 2000! Too long ago...I desperately want to go back! Found you through the link up! Have a good day!

Kristi said...

Thanks for this beautiful post. Brought back lots of great memories! We lived up north near Zurich but travelled all over. Breath-taking country!
We are taking our family back for a 10 trip in July. Switz., Italy, and France....can't wait!
We moved when our kids were small...now they are teenagers. It will be totally different experience! :)
Glad you had fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...