Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back to school & an outift

Well.  He did it.  He went to school.  I am so proud of my boy.  In French school you can't stay with your kids at all.  They close and lock the school at 8:45 and you aren't allowed in again until it's pick up time.  I know this is good in a sense, for him to be independent, but with the first day and everything, I just wanted to stay with him a bit.  

But, he did GREAT!!!  He loved it and was so proud to come home and tell me some new French words and how he played with friends.  It was such a relief, I had been praying with him that night and that day and then was praying for him while he was gone.  Thank you, Lord!

Here is what our first day looked like:
Mommy giving kisses goodbye.  Bottom left: Family picture before school.  Daddy's pep talk to help boost confidence before he goes into class.  The boys in the car going to Tae's school!  Mommy and her boys. and Tae opening the doors of his school!

I will try to get some more pictures in the next coming days, but these were the highlights of the morning.  Eli misses his little buddy when Tae's gone!  And so do I!

And here's what I wore.  Lavar took these, and Tae, buddy I love you, but you might be fired.

Daddy actually gets my whole body and not at some weird angle.  Aaaaand I might need to hit the gym.  When Lavar married me, I had a bootie.  Now look at that flat thing.  It's like I'm white or something.

Headband courtesy of La Luce.  If you haven't seen her blog or her etsy shop, you must.  It's fantastic.  I want to buy everything in it.  I do know that a few Christmas presents will be coming from there though!
That was our Monday.  Still trying to figure out how to balance work and regular life and blogging.  I stay up until midnight or 1 and get up at 7:00 and sometimes most of the time, through the night as well.  (Eli is having a hard time adjusting.)

How was your Monday?  Oh and hint hint, there might be a La Luce giveaway coming soon! Stay tuned...


I am of course linking at
pleated poppy
 

25 comments:

American in Norway said...

Beautiful photos.. family..YOU.. I need to snoop & figure out why ya'll are in France..
Glad school went well.. Is he going to International or French school?

Sunshine said...

What a beautiful family!

www.cancerinthecity.com

Junk in the Trunk Trio said...

I can't believe Tae is in school already! Crazy. And by the way, you look great, and I love that headband!

Nicole said...

k first of all. i was totally admiring your amazing body for having had two kiddos. gosh. then you go on about needing to work out. please stop girl. :)

so glad that the first day was amazing.

xoxo

Kristi said...

When Lavar married me, I had a bootie. Now look at that flat thing. It's like I'm white or something


Really did laugh out loud at that comment!! :) Glad the first day went so well, and you got some great pics!

Ashley@EisyMorgan said...

I got some booty I can share with you, ha ha!
You look seriously so stunning in these pictures, I LOVE them.
So glad he had a great day as well <3

GingerPeachT said...

Wow! Such a brave kid! Lol
Love the outfit!! Is it really cold there?! Looks like it from the jackets.
How do you work out to make your butt look more bootyliscious?!? I thought you just eat lots to do that. Lol that's what I do haha

Chrissy said...

Yay, awesome, first day of school in France! You will never forget that! Hugs xxx

Lindsay said...

It feels like forever since I have read your blog. I forgot all about your new design, but love it just as much as I did the first time I saw it. Yay for a good first day at school! And a big yay for that sweet headband of yours. I will definitely have to check out her Etsy shop!

Mimzy Wimzy said...

Wait....???? You're white???? Wish I had known. ;)
You look fabulous!
So glad to hear that the 1st day of school was a success.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

"it's like I'm white or something" haha!!! i laughed at that one.

You look AWESOME! totally rocking the headband, and i love the outfit :)

Lindsay said...

you look gorgeous!!!!
Your curled hair is beautiful :)
Serious Tal, I love these no heat curls :) :)
What is your new job at night???

Emily said...

You have one brave little guy!

MiMi said...

So you have to explain to me about french school...do they speak ALL French? So does he speak that pretty fluently? What a brave little guy. And a brave mama!

Anna of IHOD said...

Beautiful mama!
And I love that your children know french! That is amazing!

Kate R said...

Gorgeous photos and well done Tae! Brave boy. And brave mom :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!! Go glad he did great on the first day!! I love the daddy pep talk!!

Jenny said...

Bee-u-ti-ful! Happy first day and hooray for the power of prayer.

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

so cute!! i'm having a huge giveaway over at my blog ($100 with) and i'd love you to join! http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

Ruby Girl said...

you look so lovely! what an adorable family. I'd be proud of my little guy too for makin it through his first school day. Yayy! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

Cassi said...

I love the headband, I so need to try this look

elise said...

love the headband, love the stripes, love it all. Seriously. Adorable.

TexaGermaNadian said...

I'm so happy that things went well on his first day! So cute. And your outfit, you are somehow even cute. Love that shirt. Just get the hubs to play basketball here in Finland and we can be real life friends (and I can borrow your wardrobe, lol). K? K. :)

Lindsey Lane Photography said...

Tal love the outfit and the headband! You look great :)

Ania said...

love the yellow, such a fun colour. The headband is awesome too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...